April 26-28, 2016
College Park, MD
Objectives and Scope:
- Address the challenges of big data for digital curation, with a focus on archival records, cultural materials, and humanities research.
- Explore the conjunction of emerging digital methods and technologies around big data and their consequences for generating new forms of analysis and historical research engagement with archival material.
- Identify and evaluate current trends, requirements, and potential in the field, to examine their consequences and the new questions that the field can provoke.
- Determine possible research agendas for the evolution of the field in the coming years.
- Establish a community of practice going forward to develop research agendas and collaborative projects.